Forward: I wrote this story while on vacation a few months ago, but forgot it in my "draft log." Being that the weather is cold and freezing in the north-east part of the country, I thought it was now the time to post it and make everyone's thoughts turn to a warmer climate. Hope it works.
It was an ordinary day. Doing what I have been doing for the past week or so. Laying on a lounge chair, sipping a smoothie, reading my Kindle and soaking up the rays. Sounds tough doesn't it? Well, I call it beach time and for those of you who crave the warmth of sand warmed by the tropic sun such as I do, we have reached heaven. For those of you who long to feast your eyes on the the turquoise water as it meets the powdery white sand of the beach, such as I do, we have found paradise. Not just any heaven or any paradise, but the best in the world, since Grace Bay Beach on the island of Providenciales in the Turks and Caicos has been named the World Travel Awards "World's Leading Beach" for four years running. You just have to see it in order to believe what I just wrote. This isn't your Jersey Shore sand and water or even your Hawaii sand and water; it is pure heaven and paradise. Sand so white that it can blind you at times and water so clear and colorful that you can see to the depths of the sea with the naked eye. I have traveled to many beaches over the last decade, but none come close to this beach. At times the sand is too finely ground and powdery, since it attaches itself to you as talcum powder would do. But hey, if that was your biggest problem, life would be simple. The sand on the Jersey Shore as well the sand in Hawaii can get extremely hot when walking on it, but the sand of Grace Bay Beach is cool to the touch no matter how hot the sun or temperature may be. I am not the only one who feels this way. Check out what a few others have said about the best in the world.
- I have been to a lot of islands thus beaches, but for some reason this blew my mind. The most perfect fine brite white sand I have ever seen.
- I just got back from a very relaxing vacation in Providenciales. I have traveled to beaches all over the world and this is "hands down" the best beach in the world. The Beauty of this island is not just what you can see, it is what you feel!!!
- Beautiful sand and surf... The turquoise allure that keeps you coming back. Grace Bay is well-named, and is a beach that ranks in my top ten, worldwide.
- Absolutely beautiful place! A lot of times you see pictures of places but they don't really look as good when you see them first hand. Well I can say the that as great as the pictures are, it's even better seeing Grace Bay in person!
- The sand is so soft & pretty. The water is so welcoming. Even just going for a walk along Grace Bay & I can't help but get in the water. I can't wait to go back!
- One of the most beautiful beaches in the world. White sand and warm turquoise water. No seaweed - it's pristine.
- Best and cleanest beach I've ever been to. Just found out they are ranked #1 in the world and I couldn't disagree with that.
- Ok, so now I've been to Grace Bay on two different visits. I've read other reviews that say this is one of the finest beaches in the world, and I would honestly have a hard time disputing that. The barrier reef that protects the shoreline here does a wonderful job of keeping the waves mild, and the sand and water are precisely what you'd expect from a tropical island paradise.
- White sand, calm, clear blue waters. One of the best beaches I have ever set foot on.
- Probably the best beaches I have seen. Warm crystal clear water and fine white sands with a large reef.
These are comments from TripAdvisor on the web. Comments from all over the world. I'm sorry that everyone can't experience a place like Provo for themselves. They would see firsthand what heaven and paradise is really like. It was another extraordinary day in the life of an ordinary guy.