It was an ordinary day. Waiting for the New Year to arrive. Gonna make it to 2015! My story today is a montage of three short episodes that I have pieced together to end the year. Have a Happy New Year and check back here next year. It was another extraordinary day in the life of an ordinary guy.
#1 - This morning I was watching the Today Show on NBC when they showed what the fashions will probably be like in the coming year. Wow! In the early 1960's I wore jeans that were a few inches too long and rolled the bottoms up so I wouldn't tramp on them. I was in fashion while doing that. Could hardly believe this morning when I saw the guys on TV when they walked on stage with their jeans rolled up. I can once again take some of my jeans, that have been getting longer as I get older and start to shrink, and roll them up once again. Seems I will again be back in style after 50 years. Who would have thought?
#2 - You gotta watch the YouTube clip and then check out the photo that follows. No peeking! May take someone who is close to my age to appreciate! As the photo says: "It took 70 years."
In case you can't read the name on the shirt of the baseball player who is standing on first base, it is "Hu" (pronounced 'who'). Click on the photo to enlarge it.
#3 - And finally - I thought I would give you an idea about what some of the towns around my area drop from the sky in honor of our new year.
- A wrench in Mechanicsburg, PA
- A beaver om Beavertown, PA
- A mushroom in Kennett Square, PA
- A Crayola in Easton, PA
- A pickle in Dillsburg, PA
- A Hershey Kiss in Hershey, PA
- A Strawberry in Harrisburg, PA
- A 100-pound bologna in Lebanon, PA
- A giant Peep in Bethlehem, PA
- A bag of potato chips in Lewistown, PA
- A bottle of Yuengling Beer in Pottsville, PA
- A cast iron kettle in McClure, PA
- In Lancaster, PA we will drop a Red Rose, since we are known as the Red Rose city based on the first Earl of Lancaster following the Battle of Bosworth Field in 1485 in England. I think!