|The Rossmere Tuberculosis sanatorium located in Manheim Twp.|
It was closed in 1957 and was eventually demolished.
|This snow scene from 1961 shows the Rosemere sanatorium|
in the upper-lefthand side behind the one floor Helath and
Welfare Center. The space is now the Community Services Ctr.
|Citizens visit the Tuberculosis Society's chest X-ray van in|
front of St. James Parish House in downtown Lancaster, PA.
The date is October 1954 and the van spent the next 10
years screening people in Lancaster County for TB.
|This photo was taken at Lancaster's JP|
McCaskey High School in the city. It was
taken in 1951 when the 10th grade class
was scanned for TB by the American
Lung Association of Lancaster.