![]() |
| Front steps of the Landon House. There are two entrances to the mansion. |
Camille and I walked through a few of the first floor rooms to view the old built-in cabinets and pocket doors. Alan told us that there are 10 fireplaces in the house that would help heat the house before the furnace was installed.
| Some of the built-ins that were in every room. |
![]() |
| One of the 10 fireplaces in the building. |
| Supporting beams in the rear of the home hold the upper floors in place. |
![]() |
| Grand staircase leading to the second floor. |
![]() |
| Stairs leading to the cellar where the slaves and perhaps a few dogs were kept. |
![]() |
| Exiting the cellar, I saw an image on the steps. I carefully approached and found it was a veil from a past wedding that was held in the house. Scared the crap out of me at first. |
I stood still in the darkness with the flashlight and was sure I could feel eyes watching me. I heard scratching noises coming from another room that was casting a streak of light in front of me. Headed in that direction and saw where the slaves would bed down along the stone walls. I had just enough light to take a photo with my camera as I walked towards the light. Stuck my head in a few other rooms and had enough of the cellar.
![]() |
| Bathrooms on 2nd and 3rd floors looked identical. |
![]() |
| Rooms with closets were the same on 2nd and 3rd floors. |
![]() |
| Looking down the hall, Camille and I saw an arm chair at the far end in the last room. |
![]() |
| Staircase from the 3rd floor. The flooring and banisters were in remarkably good shape. |
| Doorknob on one of the two front doors. I can't imagine how many famous people passed through this door and touched the doorknob. I can now add my name to the list. |
| Overall shot of the Landon House. Supposed to have approximately 1000 square feet of floor space on each of the four floors. |
![]() |
| Left side of the wall with drawings. |
![]() |
| Right side of the wall. |















Hello. Great blog post about Landon House. I worked for Landon House's owner in the early 2000s, helping organize the Civil War History at Landon House. Yes, the basement is very creepy, and something evil resides there. During ghost walks, mostly women were affected in the basement area with the brick floor at the rear of the house. The rest of the house, 7,000 sq ft, has ghostly encounters but not nasty ones.
ReplyDelete